Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- Gap in Diet Quality Between Wealthiest and Poorest Americans Doubles, Higher costs and limited supermarket access are cited as barriers to health.
- Newly Discovered Engraving May Revise Picture of Neanderthal IntelligenceA grooved carving found in a cave on Gibraltar points to symbolic thought among Neanderthals, scholars report.
- As California Warms, Greener Mountains Will Mean Less Water for PeopleClimate change will put more trees on the mountains but less water in the rivers, study says.
- Century After Extinction, Passenger Pigeons Remain Iconic—And Scientists Hope to Bring Them BackThe 100th anniversary of the last of the species finds biologists dreaming of preventing or even reversing extinctions.
- Pictures: On Labor Day, Honoring Workers Around the WorldOn U.S. Labor Day, we honor the people who labor daily to make their lives—and ours—better.
- Pictures: Volcanoes Erupting Around the World This WeekPhotographers captured volcanoes rumbling to life around the world, from Papua New Guinea to Ecuador.
- Half of Syrians Displaced: 5 Takeaways From New UN ReportAs many as three million people have fled the country, and millions more have been internally displaced within Syria.
- Week's Best Space Pictures: A Martian "Footprint," a Fledgling Star, and an Erupting IslandMars sports a weird crater, a young star gleams in its own reflection, and a new island continues a fiery growth spurt.
- Q&A: Were Modern Ideas—and the American Revolution—Born on Ships at Sea?Unsung heroes of the seas—how pirates, slaves, and motley crews shaped the modern world.
- Can Elephants Survive a Legal Ivory Trade? Debate Is Shifting Against ItStirring renewed debate, a respected conservationist argues that government corruption makes a legal ivory trade unworkable.
- Gap in Diet Quality Between Wealthiest and Poorest Americans Doubles,
- "civil rights" "drew Wheelan" "gulf coast" "Kent State" "lavena johnson" "oil spill" "oyster catcher" "Pete Seeger" 60s ABA AIM anti-war Atakapa Ishak bayou Ben Carnes BIA birding blues bourg BP Cobell Cobell Settlement conservation conspiracy corexit drugs Family fishermen freedom Government granbois gran bois grand bayou gulf of mexico hippie HIV houma humanity indian village IRAQ JAHnessa katrina Linda Lahme Louisiana louisians love National Wildlife Federation native american Obama OHIO oil Peace Peace Corps pelicans presque rape restoration Richie Havens shrimp shrimp boat Soldiers spill terns unity wetlands wildlife women woodstock Zambia