Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- Human-Caused Climate Change Worsened Heat Waves in 2013, Study SaysStudies also examine less certain connections to droughts and storms.
- Q&A: Peruvian Ecologist Vows "You Fight Until You Fall Dead"Ernesto Ráez-Luna explains why he left the government after it weakened the country's environmental laws.
- Global Survey Says We're Eating Better, But Our Diet Is Still UnsustainableMore people are eating local and organic foods, but the planetary diet still is not sustainable.
- John Krakauer's Stroke of GeniusJohn Krakauer calls current rehabilitation therapies medieval. Among his radical approaches: a cyber-dolphin named Bandit.
- Pictures: Japanese Volcano That Killed HikersDozens of hikers died after a volcanic eruption in central Japan over the weekend.
- Explaining Surprise Eruption of Japan Volcano Where Dozens are PresumeJapan's Mount Ontake, which erupted this weekend, belongs to a class of "stratovolcanoes," which form where one continental plates dives beneath another and are known for erupting at unpredictable intervals.
- China's “Supercave” Takes Title as World's Most Enormous CavernChina now holds the world's record for largest cave chamber, a mapping team reports, overturning an old record.
- How Burmese Elephants Helped Defeat the Japanese in World War IIA British "elephant whisperer" and his best beloved helpers waged guerrilla warfare and carried refugees to safety.
- Where Peccaries Wallow, Other Animals FollowPeccaries are like pigs: They wallow. In the Peruvian rain forest, those mud puddles are wildlife magnets.
- Pictures: A Century of Reading Around the WorldNow that kids worldwide have taken up their schoolbooks once again, we dug into the National Geographic archives for a look at reading around the world.
- Human-Caused Climate Change Worsened Heat Waves in 2013, Study Says
- "civil rights" "drew Wheelan" "gulf coast" "Kent State" "lavena johnson" "oil spill" "oyster catcher" "Pete Seeger" 60s ABA AIM anti-war Atakapa Ishak bayou Ben Carnes BIA birding blues bourg BP Cobell Cobell Settlement conservation conspiracy corexit drugs Family fishermen freedom Government granbois gran bois grand bayou gulf of mexico hippie HIV houma humanity indian village IRAQ JAHnessa katrina Linda Lahme Louisiana louisians love National Wildlife Federation native american Obama OHIO oil Peace Peace Corps pelicans presque rape restoration Richie Havens shrimp shrimp boat Soldiers spill terns unity wetlands wildlife women woodstock Zambia