Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- Week's Best Space Pictures: A Death Echos, Cygnus Breaks Up, And Stars Wheel A supernova shines, debris streaks across space, and stars wheel around a tower.
- Q&A: Why Iceland’s Volcanoes Have Vexed Humans for CenturiesAs another volcano rumbles in Iceland, author and reporter Alexandra Witze explores the nation’s long history of powerful eruptions.
- Q&A: Photographer in Liberia's Ebola Zone Encounters the Dead—But Also Moments of JoyJohn Moore has shot in war zones, but West Africa presents different risks.
- Has the Atlantic Ocean Stalled Global Warming?The last decade was the warmest on record—but it could have been worse. New research finds the "missing heat" in the deep Atlantic.
- Scientists Find Remnants of One of Universe's Oldest Stars—And It's HugeAstronomers have struggled to find evidence for the massive stars thought to populate the early universe. Now, some say they have.
- GPS is Tracking West’s Vanishing Water, Scientists Surprised to LearnScientists discover that GPS can measure how much water has disappeared from the West. It's a bucketload.
- Icelandic Volcano Rumbles Raises Eruption FearsEarthquake "swarms" under a large Icelandic volcano point to magma moving beneath the island.
- As Ebola Crisis Spreads in West Africa, Liberia's Deterioration Stands OutThe country has more deaths than any other affected nation, prompting a quarantine and curfew in the capital.
- Successful Marburg Virus Treatment Offers Hope for Ebola PatientsAn experimental therapy showed success in monkeys with Marburg virus, offering hope for new treatments for related Ebola virus.
- Neanderthals Died Out 10,000 Years Earlier Than Thought, With Help From Modern HumansNeanderthals and modern people overlapped in mosaic fashion for thousands of years, improved dating reveals.
- Week's Best Space Pictures: A Death Echos, Cygnus Breaks Up, And Stars Wheel
- "civil rights" "drew Wheelan" "gulf coast" "Kent State" "lavena johnson" "oil spill" "oyster catcher" "Pete Seeger" 60s ABA AIM anti-war Atakapa Ishak bayou Ben Carnes BIA birding blues bourg BP Cobell Cobell Settlement conservation conspiracy corexit drugs Family fishermen freedom Government granbois gran bois grand bayou gulf of mexico hippie HIV houma humanity indian village IRAQ JAHnessa katrina Linda Lahme Louisiana louisians love National Wildlife Federation native american Obama OHIO oil Peace Peace Corps pelicans presque rape restoration Richie Havens shrimp shrimp boat Soldiers spill terns unity wetlands wildlife women woodstock Zambia