- People On Earth is out! paper.li/JAHnessa/13071… Stories via @weADAPT1 @MountainMole @NMELC 4 days ago
- People On Earth is out! paper.li/JAHnessa/13071… Stories via @RedwoodGirl @kateinvenice @LynneLynne185 1 week ago
- People On Earth is out! paper.li/JAHnessa/13071… Stories via @MAStormH2O @Myrceugenia @Fractu_s 2 weeks ago
- People On Earth is out! paper.li/JAHnessa/13071… Stories via @MintyKeen @healthy_climate @MitchFound 3 weeks ago
- What Happens When Oil Spills in the Arctic?As oil companies prepare to tap into Arctic oil, a new report from the National Research Council says we're far from ready to clean up a spill.
- Four Expeditions Cancel Plans to Climb Everest This YearClimbers, guides, Sherpas, and Nepali officials are divided on what's next for Everest season.
- Charting Deaths on Everest: A History of Fatal Climbing AccidentsSixteen Sherpas were killed in an April 18 avalanche in the deadliest single day on Everest, but there's a long history of fatalities on the mountain.
- Q&A: How a Stowaway Survived a Plane Trip in a Wheel WellAn aerospace physiologist describes how a five-hour trip in extreme cold, at very high altitudes, affects the body.
- Injured Sherpas Recall Deadly AvalancheTwo injured Sherpas recount the horrific avalanche on Mount Everest.
- Hundreds of Exoplanets, A Handful Right for LifeThe March 2014 landslide in Oso, Washington, a month ago today, called attention to the lack of a national system to monitor landslide data. The U.S. government prepares hazard maps for other types of natural disasters like earthquakes and floods, but not for landslides. Even though they cause up to 2 billion dollars a year in damages nationwide, most data i […]
- Record Number of Seals and Sea Lions Rescued in CaliforniaA toxic algal bloom and other factors are leading to marine mammal distress off California, where the Marine Mammal Center is rehabbing animals.
- Longest Land Mammal Migration in Lower 48 Discovered Wyoming mule deer cross many obstacles, from low desert to high mountains, posing challenges for conservation.
- After Washington Mudslide, Questions About Building in Nature's Danger ZonesWashington mudslide disaster highlights the risks of building in danger zones.
- A Mars Mission for Budget TravelersSending astronauts to Mars might be surprisingly affordable, says an expert panel: $100 billion over 20 years could do the trick.
- What Happens When Oil Spills in the Arctic?
- "civil rights" "drew Wheelan" "gulf coast" "Kent State" "lavena johnson" "oil spill" "oyster catcher" "Pete Seeger" 60s ABA AIM anti-war Atakapa Ishak bayou Ben Carnes BIA birding blues bourg BP Cobell Cobell Settlement conservation conspiracy corexit drugs Family fishermen freedom Government granbois gran bois grand bayou gulf of mexico hippie HIV houma humanity indian village IRAQ JAHnessa katrina Linda Lahme Louisiana louisians love National Wildlife Federation native american Obama OHIO oil Peace Peace Corps pelicans presque rape restoration Richie Havens shrimp shrimp boat Soldiers spill terns unity wetlands wildlife women woodstock Zambia